Join a design-led practice, run by people driven to do things differently.
We’re a purpose-driven studio of designers, led by designers.
We put people first and focus on nurturing a healthy studio culture. We have an extraordinary level of staff engagement — at 77% our engagement score puts Isthmus in the Top 10% of organisations surveyed in NZ.
We put staff wellbeing first and invest in flexible & remote working, diversity & inclusion and performance & development to enable people to thrive within our dynamic studio.
Get in touch with us at: email@example.com
Isthmus is an award-winning, integrated design studio that blends architecture, landscape and urban design. Established in 1988, we are guided by a clear set of principles and ideas; our kaupapa is based on deepening the relationships between land, people and culture.
We now have an opportunity for Architectural Graduates to join our collaborative studio environment in both Wellington and Christchurch. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to launch their career through being immersed in a broad range of inspiring and impactful projects. These will include intensive residential, housing and houses, community and civic buildings and master plans.
In the Graduate role, you’ll be supporting the team in our busy practice. With mentoring and supervision from our Intermediate and Senior Architects, you’ll be providing excellent graphic, technical or written deliverables to support a broad range of projects. Through this, you will gain foundational knowledge and experience across the Architecture discipline, while having the opportunity to bring a fresh approach.
As you grow, you’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in the team, supporting complex jobs with design-led and technically innovative solutions, while understanding the wider project context.
- Apply the breadth of your skills across a role where your creativity and technical ability will come to the fore and continue to grow
The following attributes will feature strongly in welcoming the right person into our studio:
- Master’s in architecture
- Proven design and graphic skills—an academic high performer with an excellent portfolio
- A naturally creative and enquiring approach to design
- Offers new ideas, knowledge or experience from education and/or previous employment
- A passion for sustainability and strong interest in or knowledge of, te ao maori
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, graphic) and the ability to build and maintain good relationships
- Well organised, pro-active, enthusiastic
- Excitement about collaborating within our ‘no boundaries’ design environment
- Technical skills across construction techniques & documentation software (ideally including Revit, AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Rhino and Enscape).
We believe in the good that comes from collaborating and creating together. We love giving back to our team, from supporting your professional development and career growth, to cultivating a culture we’re proud of. Joining a supportive group of people with common values, you’ll find a design-led studio environment sparked by curiosity, inspiration and opportunity.
If you’re hungry for a rewarding role with a team designing some of New Zealand’s best places, please send us your CV with a portfolio of the work you’re most proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org