Join a design-led practice, run by people driven to do things differently.
We’re a purpose-driven studio of designers, led by designers.
We put people first and focus on nurturing a healthy studio culture. We have an extraordinary level of staff engagement — at 77% our engagement score puts Isthmus in the Top 10% of organisations surveyed in NZ.
We put staff wellbeing first and invest in flexible & remote working, diversity & inclusion and performance & development to enable people to thrive within our dynamic studio.
Get in touch with us at: email@example.com
Senior Landscape Architect.
Isthmus is an award-winning, integrated design studio that blends architecture, landscape and urban design. Established in 1988, we are guided by a clear set of principles and ideas; our kaupapa is based on deepening the relationships between land, people and culture.
We now have an opportunity for a Senior Landscape Architect to join our collaborative studio environment in Auckland. Preferably you will have a strong track record in leading projects and be confident with Clients, but all excellent candidates will be considered.
- Playing an important role in the team, particularly with leadership of projects.
- Supporting complex jobs with design-led and technically innovative solutions, while understanding the wider project context.
- Working on a diverse range of inspiring and impactful projects across a range of sectors including urban space, streetscape, education, and landscape infrastructure.
- Applying the breadth of your skills across a role where your creativity and technical ability will come to the fore and continue to grow.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience, ideally including experience within coastal and transport projects.
- Enough senior experience to lead projects from Client and stakeholder management including pricing through to delivery and engagement with Contractors during construction on site.
- Design-led conceptual thinking coupled with a drive for excellence, innovation and creativity.
- The ability and confidence to make timely decisions.
- Naturally creative and critical thinking, bringing design and planning solutions and using research to inform and test ideas.
- Strong relationship building skills, fostering positive working relationships with clients and acting as a valuable mentor for graduate and intermediate landscape architects.
- Excitement about collaborating within our “no boundaries” design environment.
- Technical skills across construction techniques & documentation software.
- A degree in Landscape Architecture and be a registered member of NZILA.
We believe in the good that comes from collaborating and creating together. We love giving back to our team, from supporting your professional development and career growth, to cultivating a culture we’re proud of. Joining a supportive group of people with common values, you’ll find a design-led studio environment sparked by curiosity, inspiration and opportunity.
If you’re hungry for a rewarding role with a team designing some of New Zealand’s best designed community infrastructure, please send us your CV with a portfolio of the work you’re most proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org