Join a design-led practice, run by people driven to do things differently.
We’re a studio of designers, led by designers. Here, you’ll get to put design first. We’re commercially savvy, but design is our craft and our first passion. We’re careful to make sure our design enriches places and lives, whether that’s an economy or a spiritual connection to place. We aim to integrate, to invigorate and to enhance.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Landscape Design Planner – Intermediate / Senior / Associate
Are you itching to step up to front your own work instead of others? Be part of a team where you’ll present your own assessment work to clients and to hearings to expand your expert witness experience.
Here’s the role
We have space to make room for an intermediate, senior or associate within our interdisciplinary team.
The heart of your job is to lead the way on the strategic planning and assessment of landscape projects to ensure successful, efficient and fit-for-purpose design solutions and consenting on public and private projects of all scales.
- You’ll lead thinking and delivery across the consultation process, risk assessment through to preparation of the development brief and pre-planning application assessments.
- You’ll bring your planning skills to influence early concept design and master-planning across our projects as well as being instrumental in creating development opportunities.
- As a senior or associate you’ll play an important leadership role in the team that includes fostering the development of others.
- You’ll have the opportunity lead and/or front your own projects, further cementing your hearing experience.
- You’ll pioneer innovation and the continued development of our market-leading design planning practice with award-winning, impactful and integrated design solutions that inspire and endure.
- Depending on the role you take you’ll either be an instrumental team member and/or leaders of project teams; carefully overseeing scope, deliverables, design quality, reporting and profitability and guiding strong client relationships.
Is this you?
- 5+ years professional experience with a Degree or Masters in Landscape Architecture and/or Urban Design
- A keen desire to embed design-led planning early into the design process
- A strong technical background including experience with landscape assessment and policy review across complex projects and good understanding of the RMA
- A holistic understanding of engagement processes with stakeholders and the public
- The ability to inspire people and lead relationships, projects and budgets to deliver excellent results
- A drive for excellence, innovation, and to do things differently
- A proactive attitude: you’ll grab opportunities to chart your own course
Do you have a strong desire to use your expertise to really make a difference and lead the way in creating some of New Zealand’s best designed places? Email email@example.com
Intermediate / Senior / Associate Landscape Architect (Wellington)
Join our thriving Wellington team and help us in our mission to deepen the relationships between land, people and culture.
We’ve landed a number of exciting new projects and as a result we have an opening available in our thriving Wellington studio. As our newest senior or associate landscape architect you’ll:
- Lead a diverse range of projects from public realm, open space, waterfront, masterplans, transport, cycle ways and more
- Be an important contributor within our award-winning studio, helping to lead innovation, people and projects
- Deliver design-led and impactful solutions and design of places that inspire and endure as you work from design development to delivery
- 6+ years’ experience and a strong working knowledge of a range of landscape architectural tools, methodologies and design stages
- The flair, knowledge and confidence to effectively lead projects and clients
- Strong design-led thinking coupled with a drive for excellence and innovation
- Excellent technical skills and ability to see projects delivered successfully to ground
- A proactive attitude and drive to do your best work: you’ll grab opportunities and chart your own course
- Excitement about working in shades of grey and the opportunity to collaborate within our “no boundaries” design environment
If you’re ready to be part of a team that is creating some of New Zealand’s best designed spaces, then send your CV with a portfolio of the work that you’re most proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior / Associate Architect (Wellington)
Are you the inspirational design-thinker and aspiring leader we’re seeking to sit at the forefront of the architecture group within our award-winning studio?
An opportunity has opened up for a design leader to join our team and become an influential part of our journey as a thriving interdisciplinary studio. Here’s your chance to bring your ingenuity and thought-leadership to the fore as you contribute to the vision for architectural design to help craft and grow our design-led practice.
The heart of your job will be to lead projects within our growing Wellington practice. You’ll help cultivate and steer projects and people as we pursue innovative solutions of form and space that are human centred, technically astute, efficient and sustainable. This is an ideal opportunity if you’re aspiring to take your career to the next level in an influential and rewarding leadership role.
- A contributing leader within our award-winning studio fostering innovation and our commitment to environment, community and design excellence
- Growing our practice with design-led solutions that delight, inspire and endure
- Nurturing the day-to-day studio culture, collaborating with inter-disciplinary teams and inspiring and supporting our people to grow and do their best work
- Leading teams on complex projects and overseeing the delivery of work that contributes to Isthmus’ standing of diverse and world-class work across intensive residential, houses and housing, community and civic buildings and masterplans
- At Associate level, realising an opportunity for shareholding in the business
- A registered architect with 7+ years’ experience with a track record of delivering high calibre architecture projects across residential, commercial and mixed-use
- Exciting, design-led thinking coupled with a drive for excellence and innovation
- Hungry to contribute to the continued growth of the architecture practice within our interdisciplinary studio
- Aligned with our purpose of deepening the relationships between land, people and culture and our values of curiosity, creativity, authenticity and tenacity
At Isthmus, we believe in the good that comes from creating and collaborating with one another. We love giving back to our people, from supporting professional development and opportunities for career growth, to cultivating a great culture. Joining a special group of people, you’ll find a commitment to sharing common values, a supportive team environment and a healthy work-life balance.
Do you have a strong desire to take your career to the next level and help carve out a practice within an established studio creating some of New Zealand’s best designed places? We’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch via email@example.com.
Graduate Landscape Architect / Urban Designer
As our newest graduate landscape architect you’ll be working as part of an interdisciplinary team across a diverse range of projects as you help us enrich communities and land.
You’ll build your technical, production and design skills and experience while applying a fresh approach to design. Working closely with a team of talented and supportive multi-disciplinary designers, you will deliver excellent graphic and technical deliverables across a broad range of projects with lots of opportunity to develop your broader design and delivery skills as your talents flourish.
Is this you?
- Inquisitive about the world around you with a passion for design, innovation and creativity in landscape architecture, urbanism and beyond
- You’ll show a history of achievement and leadership in your work, study and other areas of your life
- A proactive attitude: you grab opportunities to chart your own course
- You love to share ideas, learn and collaborate
- Knowledge of a range of landscape architectural design tools and methodologies
- Good command of Adobe Suite and AutoCAD
- Some experience in commercial studio would be beneficial (1 – 2 years)
What it’s like to work at Isthmus:
- We’ll support your learning and development and you’ll get the encouragement to stretch your abilities and fast-track your career
- You won’t be pigeon-holed, instead you’ll work across a diversity of inspiring, complex projects in an environment where your strengths and interests will be nurtured
- Work/life balance is encouraged and you’ll be offered things like flexible work hours, time in lieu, and our very own public holiday based around ‘Matariki’ – a day off and a special dinner we throw for the whole team and whānau.
- You’ll enjoy a special culture that includes working within a supportive group of people and lots of little extras like bike parks, free yoga, fruit deliveries, shared monthly lunches, lots of team activities to be part of
If you’re hungry to be part of a team that is creating some of New Zealand’s best designed places, send us your CV with a portfolio of the work that you’re proudest of to firstname.lastname@example.org.