Join a design-led practice, run by people driven to do things differently.
We’re a studio of designers, led by designers. Here, you’ll get to put design first. We’re commercially savvy, but design is our craft and our first passion. We’re careful to make sure our design enriches places and lives, whether that’s an economy or a spiritual connection to place. We aim to integrate, to invigorate and to enhance.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Masterplanner Auckland
Isthmus is one of New Zealand’s leaders in pioneering the design of significant projects across the country that influence the way people live, work and play.
We’ve pioneered an integrated practice, bringing architecture, landscape architecture and urban design together in a collaborative environment. It means more inspiring projects, the chance to make a difference and lots of excitement as we seek to advance land, people and culture.
Here’s the role:
- Collaboratively design residential masterplans with our inter-disciplinary team on a range of innovative greenfields and brownfields projects
- Manage feasibility analysis and budgeting through to delivery and production of detailed design and construction drawings to consent and build
- Lead client engagements and work closely with developers, council, engineers and consultants
- Lead projects and teams to drive innovation with award-winning, impactful solutions that extend and enrich places, people and communities
Do you have:
- Strong visioning and strategic design skills in residential masterplanning with a passion for placemaking and building healthy communities
- An understanding of a wide range of residential building typologies
- Strong technical skills across feasibility analysis, budget management and detailed design to subdivision and landuse consent stage, and EPA.
- A sound knowledge of the NZ planning environment
- Skilled in a range of design tools and methodologies, including design production using Adobe Suite, Autocad and ArchiCAD
- Effective leadership across clients, projects and teams
- A drive for excellence, innovation, and doing things differently
- A first degree in Architecture or Landscape Architecture
What it’s like to work at Isthmus:
- You’ll join a design-led studio that’s filled to the brim with designers who love to create, collaborate and make a difference
- Personal growth is important and we’ll actively support your learning and development
- Work/life balance is encouraged and you’ll be offered things like flexible work hours, time in lieu, and our very own public holiday based around ‘Matariki’ – a day off and a special dinner we throw for the whole team and whānau
- You’ll enjoy a special supportive work culture that includes great team mates and lots of little extras like bike parks, fruit deliveries, team lunches, yoga, Friday after work drinks and much more.
At Isthmus, we believe in the good that comes from creating and collaborating with one another. We love giving back to our team from supporting your professional development and opportunities for career growth, to cultivating a great culture. Joining a special group of people, you’ll find shared values, a great environment and a healthy work-life balance, including monthly lunches, work drinks, free yoga, awesome team events, celebrations and much more.
If you’ve got a fresh approach to design and you’re passionate about taking a strategic view to create some of New Zealand’s best designed places, send us your CV with a portfolio of the work you’re proudest of to email@example.com
Senior Landscape Architect (Wellington)
Work on world-class projects and help us advance land, people and culture.
Join us at Isthmus and work on a wide range of complex, challenging and ultra-rewarding projects that will delight, start conversation and make meaningful impact on communities – informing the way people live, play and work.
Here’s the role:
- You’ll be working across a diverse range of inspiring new projects from public realm, open space, streetscapes, residential and other environmental and civic works
- You’ll be an important contributor within our award-winning studio, helping to lead innovation, people and projects
- You’ll deliver design-led and impactful solutions and design of places that inspire and endure
- 5+ years’ experience and a strong working knowledge of a range of landscape architectural tools and methodologies
- Ideally you’ll have a breadth of skills including detailed design and ability to effectively lead and manage projects and clients
- Strong design-led thinking coupled with a drive for excellence, innovation, and doing things differently
- A proactive attitude: you’ll grab opportunities to chart your own course
- Excitement about working in shades of grey and the opportunity to collaborate within our “no boundaries” design environment
At Isthmus, we believe in the good that comes from creating and collaborating with one another. We love giving back to our team from supporting your professional development and opportunities for career growth, to cultivating a great culture. Joining a special group of people, you’ll find shared values, a healthy work-life balance and work environment that includes monthly lunches, work drinks, awesome team events, celebrations and much more.
If you’re ready to be part of a team that is creating some of New Zealand’s best designed spaces, then send us your CV with a portfolio of the work that you’re most proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org.